Modular Galiano Island Cabin
There is simply something magical about jumping on a BC Ferry and heading out to the Gulf Islands. So quick to get there (45 min by ferry) yet a world away once you’re there.
We were contacted this fall by a client looking to build a small cabin on his property on Galiano Island. The property consisted of a little over 4 acres of forest and rolling hills with a lovely building site set above the valley.
The client wanted something, simple, modern yet a bit rustic and finding that balance was a real challenge but I think we did it. The result was a beautiful 10′ wide x 24′ long Coastal Cabin with a 120 sq/ft indoor living space and 120 sq/ft outdoor living space.
Pointing out a couple of the cool things on this Galiano Island Cabin.
- The building was 95% built in our North Vancouver Factory and finished onsite. (modular delivery)
- Lockable “Garage Cabinets” from home Depot were used to create an outdoor kitchen. (plumbing coming soon).
- The counter-top is made from 1950’s piece of cabinetry we saved from the landfill.
- The wood siding you see is 100% Recycled / Reclaimed Pallet Wood Siding.
- Programmable deck lights in 7 different colours.
- Custom built “Edison Bulb” exterior chandelier.
Download Our Catalogue Now:
[hubspotform portal_id=”4352609″ form_id=”ac3a04ea-8acc-480f-bfba-cbb199c320ff”]
Location: Galiano Island (Gulf Island) BC Canada
Size: 10′ x 12′ Indoor Space/ 10′ x 12′ Outdoor Space |120 Sq/Ft (overalls size 10′ x 24′)
Decking: Pressure Treated
Overhangs: Front /Sides = 12″ | Back = 6″
Siding: Corrugated Galvalume / Recycled Pallet Wood Siding
Ceiling / Walls:Pine T&G | White Melamine
Door: 36″ Fiberglass Full light | 60″ Sliding
Windows: 30″ x 36″
Roofing: Standing Seem Painted Steel
Electrical: RV Plugin
Heat: 2500 Watt Forced Air
Galiano Island is one of the Southern Gulf Islands between Vancouver Island and the Lower Mainland of British Columbia, Canada. Located on the west side of the Strait of Georgia, it is 27.5 km long, 6 km at its widest point, and 1.6 km across at its narrowest point and is separated from Saltspring Island by Trincomali Channel. The island is northwest of Mayne Island, northeast of Saltspring Island and southeast of Valdes Island. Galiano Island has a population of 1258 inhabitants.